REP Home School
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM (REP)
Overview from the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- 2223 - Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children. They bear witness to this responsibility first by creating a home where tenderness, forgiveness, respect, fidelity, and disinterested service are the rule. The home is well suited for education in the virtues.
- 2225 - Through the grace of the sacrament of marriage, parents receive the responsibility and privilege of evangelizing their children. Parents should initiate their children at an early age into the mysteries of the faith of which they are the "first heralds" for their children. They should associate them from their tenderest years with the life of the Church. A wholesome family life can foster interior dispositions that are a genuine preparation for a living faith and remain a support for it throughout one's life.
- 2226 - Education in the faith by the parents should begin in the child's earliest years. This already happens when family members help one another to grow in faith by the witness of a Christian life in keeping with the Gospel. Family catechesis precedes, accompanies, and enriches other forms of instruction in the faith. Parents have the mission of teaching their children to pray and to discover their vocation as children of God. The parish is the Eucharistic community and the heart of the liturgical life of Christian families; it is a privileged place for the catechesis of children and parents.
- 2229 - As those first responsible for the education of their children, parents have the right to choose a school for them which corresponds to their own convictions. This right is fundamental. As far as possible parents have the duty of choosing schools that will best help them in their task as Christian educators. Public authorities have the duty of guaranteeing this parental right and of ensuring the concrete conditions for its exercise.
As the primary educator of their children, parents have the responsibility and privilege of sharing their Catholic Faith. The Home Instruction Religious Education Program is one of many options Sacred Heart Church offers to parents in order to supplement and enrich what the parents are already teaching at home.
In accord with Booster policy, students must be enrolled in the Day School or REP Program on Monday nights in order to participate in the CYO sports program.
- After meeting with the Director of Faith Formation and upon his approval, parents may enroll and order a Student’s text and Teacher’s manual for each grade. Costs are on registration form.
- Parents and students must agree to complete the student text and meet all of the requirements for this program.
- Supplemental materials and resources are available from the Faith Formation Office. The Director of Faith Formation is also available for additional support.
- Grade Advancement: If the student exhibits satisfactory comprehension of the material covered and meets all of the requirements listed above, the student will be advanced to the next grade.
To register for this program, contact Marianne Fleckenstein for appropriate forms and information. Registration Fees are due at the time of registration.